Bob Coulter // USA
- “Crazy Babe” photography book, published by Goliath Books
- “Bad Girls Hotel” photography book, published by Goliath Books
- “The New Erotic Photography” photography book, published by Taschen
- “My Favorite Model” photography book, published by Goliath Books
- “Bizarre Girls” photography book, published by Bizarre
- “The New Erotic Photography Vol. 2” photography book, published by Taschen
Bob Coulter is clearly working with a unique vision. Is this erotic art, is it a social statement, is it just pornography? Probably none of those. More likely, it’s a documentation of the wilder side of New York City in the 21st century. Bob’s models are certainly girls on the edge.
If the girls are “on the edge,” then so is Bob. During a shoot, he circles the model, around and around 360 degrees, but then down low, up above, exploring every possible angle.
He shoots fast and pushes the girls to get the images he needs. There is a lot of verbal foreplay that goes into the shoot as well, as he and the girls tease each other about the nasty things they could do to each other.
At times he shoots with the camera mere inches from the girl’s nose, her toes, or between her thighs. At other times he steps back to capture the girl in the environment. But by the time he is done, he will probably have imaged just about every square inch of the room, and just about every square inch of the girls.
Who knows what motivates Bob to do these pictures or what motivates the girls to pose. But they are an absolute hoot. So enjoy them, and just don’t take them too dammed seriously.